Friday 6 March 2015

This is how an Epicurean celebrated this Holi..


Holi means Gujiya and Gujiya means Holi... 




Holi  for me means Colours, Water Balloons, Gujiyas, Dahi bhalla , Ghugni , Keema -luchi and Bhang ke Pakode.  Along with the mentioned food dishes, Kaanji with Vodka was my favorite drink till I had a Bhaang drink made by Bouquet Garni  today.

Bhaang or Cannibes is an integral part of Indian Culture. Indians make Bhaang Ghota during Shivratri and Pakoda or fritters during the occasion of Holi. It has been used since the Vedic period when Sadhus and Sufi saints used to consume it for meditation and for spritual estacy. In early period, Alcohol was a taboo for Brahmins and Baniyas and Bhaang was the only sort of socially permitted intoxication.

This Holi , I got few bottles of Bhaang concoction made by Bouquet Garni  and it made my festival special.  It was sweet, milky, and had a beautiful smoky flavour.

The rock star drink of my Holi .




K.M.Kamalaksh , founder of the company "Bouquet Garni ", is the man behind this wonderful drink. Commonly addressed as "Kama" among friends, he has always amazed me with his innovations. I had joined his event on Beer " The sipping turf" at  The Gourmet High Street, Gurgaon on last December 2014 ., which was the talk of the town . He calls himself as Bartender but i would like to call him as an amazing Mixologist who can play with not only spirits but also with simple chai or tea and creates some spectacular mixes.  No one is there in my mind who has innovated a quirky mix with Cannibes or Bhaang. I have learned that he was featured by CNN-IBN channel on last Holi with some of his creative dishes ( bhaang gujiya, bhaang rasgullas, pizzas and bhaang brownies etc ) and drinks like (Bhaang lassi, Mojito, Smoothies ) .


Kama in his festive mood creating some his best innovations with Bhaang. He calls his innovations as "Big Bhaang theory"



I wish the brand launch the drink in Indian Market with a bang and unleash a new segment of Beverages.
The Kitchen Espion wishes the greater success to K.M.Kamalaksh  and his venture. ( We'll drink to his success)


My glass of the Bhaang drink. 
HAPPY HOLI......

No comments: