Sunday 31 March 2019

The hot chick at the Mango Kitchen and Bar .

For the past few weeks on Facebook , I had been reading some good reviews with beautiful and colourful food photos of Mango Kitchen and Bar.  The name "Mango" attracted me alot as I love both ripened and raw mango. Mango chunks mixed with pomegranate seeds is my favourite summer mid night snack. Anyway finally last thursday I planned to have lunch at the Mango. Keeping in mind that the restaurant will have mango based dishes and drinks as well.
As you enter the restaurant , you will find bright yellow sofas with few blue ones in contrast and to enhance the beauty of the ambiance. The place has minimalistic decor and a positive vibe.  My friend Rohan Monga was supposed to join me and he was little late , so I tried to check the menu to select mango based dishes . I realised there were hardly any mango based drinks and dishes and I really dnt know why I was going crazy for having mangoes . So I found one mango based cocktail and asked the bartender to make it for me . It was a gin based drink but I was expecting fresh mango pulp or chunks on it . It was good in taste though. Chef Himanshu suggested me to  have a light salad with the drink. It was Acovado Caprese with bocconcini, tomato, pesto and fresh avocado. I loved it . So in the meantime Rohan and Chef Pawan Bisht , the corporate chef of the unit joined me and I was super excited to have mango based main course and left it all to the Chef to select dishes for us .

Chef is well aware of my food choice so he served me Pork Chops and Spicy Sriracha Chicken Tacos as starters . There was a light green salsa as a condiment with tacos, which was looking like green mango salsa with my dreamy eyes  . It was actually a nice refreshing fresh avocado salsa which was  pairing perfect with the Tacos.   Pork chops were beautifully presented with beetroot relish, mashed potatoes and pan tossed veggies .   Meanwhile waiting for the main course chef served us Mango sorbet and I was happy like a kid that finally I am having fresh mango chunks with mango sorbet sitting at Mango.  So finally the server served us Katsu Chicken Bowl which was like a meal in a bowl. It had stir-fried vegetables with crumb fried chicken cutlet and soft boiled eggs with fried rice. Again a soul-satisfying bowl but without any trace of Mango .

I was done with my maincourse and by this time  my friend Sushmita Subba came to say hi to me . I thought we three can share a dessert as i have a big sweet tooth . Since I love cheese cake , we all agreed for cheese cake with rose icecream . But why not mango icecream in a restaurant named " Mango" ? Chef Pawan insisted us to try the JD Chocolate Mousse from his side , and he was right . The JD Mousse was the rockstar of the day. Each dish was delectable and gave me immense happiness with tummy ful satisfaction.

But somewhere in my mind " Mango " was still itching . Why the name mango when there is hardly any mango based dish. So after the meal, Chef Pawan took me around to check the entire property. I saw a beautiful metallic tree at their terrace . Winters or evenings in summers will be perfect to sit at their terrace . Looking at the tree, I couldnt stop myself and asked Chef Pawan : Why Mango as name of the restaurant ? Why not any other name of the fruit ? I know I was sounding stupid with my questions but I took the liberty of being his good friend . So Pawan's reply was : Maam! the name has nothing to do with the fruit . Actually Mango in cuban slang language is " THE HOT CHICK GIRL "  and we  want this place as hot as a MANGO, the Hot Girl .    I laughed aloud and promised him to visit him again soon for trying other super delicious dishes . Chef and his entire team has really worked hard to curate the menu of " MANGO" . Do try and thank me to have a scrumptous meal in this restaurant . Till then ....














1 comment:

gomoviemama said...

Superb recipe. Thank you for sharing.
tollywood gossips