Monday 6 November 2017

#KnowYourChef - Harangad Singh, Prankster



Gone are the days when restaurants were famous with owner's or manager's name. Now mostly face of the restaurant is the chef of the outlet. 
Ever since I stepped into the food industry, I always make sure to showcase my cuisine ie Assamese cuisine and I admire all the Chefs who maintain to work with their origin. Being associated with this food industry, I have made many chef friends too , who are passionate and doing wonders with Indian cuisine. 

Chef Harangad Singh is one such passionate and hardworking chef who is presently working at Prankster, Gurgaon. You will find the dominance of Indian cuisine in his menu. Although I have been to Prankster many times , I recently tried his Daadima's recipe of Choley Bhature in the form of donuts. Chef has made sure not to disturb the original form and even the pickle foam , taste same as punjabi pickle.






Harangad says " I had always been a curious student through out my life who always loved experimenting with food and moreover was keen to learn new things which came across my way. I always had a dream to step into this beautiful industry from my childhood as I grew eating dishes made by my mother ".

Starting his career in Taj , Bangalore in 2008, he continued his career at Taj , Lucknow , Souk, in Taj Bengal and esteemed Varq in TajMahal hotel in New Delhi.

On my query on how much freedom chefs get in the hotel or restaurants , Angad , as he is commonly known as , says " Prankster is my playground and where I had no boundaries to put my ideas on plate. We worked together to create progressive nostalgic Indian cuisine " .

Now talking about this new technique "progressive cooking" , Harangad has created a huge menu , retaining the original flavour . Naming few  are Sambhar Cappuccino with dosa papad , Dahi Bhalla Ice cream , Fattir and TT Lamb Chops.  Having Sambhar Cappuccino instead of soup will make you "happy" . I am unable to find any good word than "happy" for the dish. I always hear people at chat counter " bhaiyya ! thandi dahi dalna" and Angad has amazed his food lovers , the same dish in ice cream form . I had tried TT lamb chops many times at Prankster and everytime I found it consistant in taste and quality. 
I have no words to explain "Fattir" , and I am leaving it to my readers to try it personally . I can only say that I became Chef Harangad"s fan because of this dish which pulled me again to visit the restaurant .

Today ( 6th Nov) , on his birthday I wish him all success and I must not forget to applause for brothers team , Inderjeet Banga and Jasmeet Banga , owners of Prankster. It is always a team work for success and space for creating wonders in culinary field. 




Fattir which made me fan of Chef Harangad Singh 
Dahi Bhalla Ice cream 
Sambhar Cappuccino with crisp Dosa 

*To try Chef Harangad's amazing dishes , you can head to Prankster, First floor, sector 29, Gurgaon.

#knowyourchef
#Indiancuisine

No comments: