Tuesday 3 October 2017

My experience at Kylin Experience , GK -N block , New Delhi.

A
It was a quite food tasting table organised for me by Kylin experience ,  and I couldnt  refuse as I wanted to have something light after hogging all heavy food during Durga puja.

 Precisely GK
1 , N block complex is for those who want to run away from noisy places and look for  a quiet lunch or dinner.  So I asked my friend Neha to accompany me and went for lunch on last Friday.  This single storey restaurant is very simple in decor but eye-catching is the electric sockets on each sofa for charging your phone. I am glad that someone from food industry has kept this in their mind. My eyes got stuck to their beautiful lampshades too, hanging on the ceiling. 




A



Talking about their food and drinks , this 3 days old restaurant is still waiting for their liquor license, so we ordered for mocktails . I had Passion fruit and Kafir lime Margarita and "Never ending freshness" for Neha which was cucumber, coriander , ginger , lime juice and lemonade drink. Both the drinks were refreshing and I anyhow love the flavour of kafir lime .






Their menu is a mix of Chinese , Thai , Malay and Japanese cuisines so we ordered their Chef's special salad followed by tuna and prawns sushi and chicken dimsum and prawns with water chestnut dimsum . The veg salad "Farmers Market Green Quinoa Salad " was served with honey dressing , which was refershing with the crunchiness of roasted melon seeds . Sushi was average as the rice was falling from chopsticks but dimsums were very flavourful and good in taste . The combination of prawns and waterchestnut was very new to me and I loved it .








We were already feeling full so ordered one Massaman lamb curry with jasmine rice from main course "Sawadee Bowl" . It was very spicy for me but loved the taste of freshly grounded spices to the gravy. I guess they have curated this dish keeping Indian palate in their mind .




They have limited items in dessert section , so we opted for their inhouse icecream in coconut flavour . Icecream was good in taste but I found it very grainy . They say taste varies so it might be appealing to others . I have always had creamy and smooth coconut icecream , hence little uncomfortable with excess of coarse coconut shavings . Since it is just 3 days old restaurant and I will keep it as teeting problem with machines .



Add caption




Over all I had good experience . Oh I forgot to mention here about complimentary refreshing Jasmine tea served after the meal which helped me after eating spicy Massaman curry.

To reach
Kylin experience
N Block Market
GK 1
New Delhi. 


No comments: